10 Toys to Seriously Avoid Buying Your Kids This Holiday Season
In the back of my mind I always knew it'd be difficult to shop for my kids as they grew older, but it's still been a struggle the past two years on what to buy my first born daughter, Charlee for her birthday and Christmas.
Her interests are all over the map right now (which isn't a bad thing) because she loves playing pretend with her dolls, but then she'll race around the house with her plastic cars too... so while I'm glad she's not stuck in a rut within a certain genre of toys, it still makes me nervous and what to buy her with all the different pieces and batteries that toys comes with now-a-days.
Well good news parents: A consumer group called World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc. (W.A.T.C.H.) has put out a list of 10 toys you shouldn't buy for the kids this holiday season. A lot of the toys on the list could have a choking hazard, while others could cause blunt force trauma injuries or stabbing injuries because of sharp pieces.
Here’s a few toys that made this list:
- The Nickelodeon Nella Princess Knights Pillow Pets Sleeptime Lights is one of the worst. The manufacturer points out a possible choking hazard and a “battery acid leakage” hazard.
- The Nerf Vortex VTX Praxis Blaster is bad because it could cause eye or facial injuries if someone is hit in the face by one of the discs.
- The Marvel Black Panther Slash Claw is made out of rigid plastic. The warning label says don’t “hit or swing at people.” Uhhh don't you think that’s the first thing a child will do with this toy once they open it?
- Cutting Fruit are sold with a “slicing knife” made of hard plastic. The knife can potentially cause puncture wounds if used improperly.
- Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket is another toy that could cause serious facial or eye injuries. I've seen kids play with similar toys and that rocket could do some major damage if kids aren't careful around it.
If you'd like to see the other five toys that made their list of questionable toys CLICK HERE.