3 Downtown Rochester Businesses Closing This Week
It has been another rough week for Rochester businesses, especially in the downtown area. In case you missed it, three downtown businesses have announced closure plans - two permanently and one temporarily. Sadly, I don't think this is the end of such announcements.
- Cameo announced via Facebook yesterday, that they will be temporarily closed. They will be shutting down almost all parts of their business: no dine-in or takeout options available after Saturday, August 1st. They will still be doing the chef's table and will have meal kits available. Click here to read more.
- Primp, a trendy clothing store in downtown, announced their last day in business will be Friday. However, sadly, they won't be reopening.
- And lastly, the Loop said farewell to Rochester earlier this week. The Loop was the Rocket Restaurant Group's first restaurant in Rochester. Fortunately, their other two restaurants - Five West and Smoak - will remain open and will, hopefully, survive this pandemic.
What else did you miss during the Dunken and Samm show today?
- Netflix has released a trailer for the ‘Jurassic Park’ TV Series which Is coming to Netflix in September. Click here to see the trailer.
- The Chainsmokers held a massive fundraiser concert in the Hamptons over the weekend. The plan was to social distance, but it did not seem to work and even prompted an investigation from the New York Department of Health.
- After mocking the coronavirus back in March, Doja Cat took to twitter to reveal it is in fact real and very scary. She confirmed that she did test positive and got sick with COVID-19 She said "It was a four-day symptom freak out but I'm fine now."
Tune in to 106.9 KROC weekdays from 6-9a to hear the latest from Rochester, Hollywood, and what's trending with Dunken and Samm.