7 Ways We Immediately Know Someone Is Not From Rochester
It's not "secret knowledge" that folks from all over the world visit Rochester due to Mayo Clinic. What you might not know, however, are the ways we can tell when someone is not truly from Rochester.
Oh yes - trust me - there are ways that we can tell you're not really from Rochester. If you want to blend in with the locals, here are a few things you should know.
These are seven ways that we can tell you're not from Rochester.
- No mention of the greatness that was Shakey's Pizza. Ain't nobody got time to forget that piece of awesome!
- The "winter storm in May" means nothing to you. Oh, May of 2013. Eternal winter. You also don't remember this or talk about it.
- You automatically assume all of Rochester works for Mayo Clinic. Just don't. There are other jobs here.
- You don't observe that there's a "north" and "south" location for everything. Seriously, Med City has two of everything. Look up a chain and you'll notice it. Embrace it.
- You've never hit a goose before. Or a gaggle of them near Silver Lake.
- You've never experienced a period in your life where traffic wasn't impacted by construction or snow. If you're from Rochester, your commute has changed because of both - no questions.
- The term "Roch" means nothing to you. It's just another word for Rochester.
Now I want to ask those of you reading this that are from Rochester: what would you add to the list?
Listen to Val afternoons from 2p to 6p on Quick Country 96.5.
Listen to Val from 10a to 2p on Z-Rock 107.7.