Best Five Ways To Experience Winter Like A True Minnesotan
Now that the holidays are behind us, we can focus on the next few months of winter headed our way. Here's how you can survive (and even enjoy) the winter season in Minnesota.
1. Test out some heated patios or quirky dining igloos.
As a Minnesotan, my favorite pastime is sitting out on a patio. However, winter makes it a bit hard to do that. Thankfully, some innovative restaurants have fixed that problem.
Mineral Springs Brewery in Owatonna is a one-such establishment. Their cozy igloos are up and ready for visitors.
2. Ski down some of the best skiing hills in the state.
We have plenty of fantastic ski hills in Minnesota, and people in Owatonna can easily take a day trip to Mount Kato in Mankato or to Buck Hill in Burnsville for some thrilling fun.
3. Ditch the cold and rent out a unique Airbnb for some winter getaway fun.
4. Ice skate at this beautiful outdoor loop in Maple Grove.
If you like ice skating, you've got to check out this outdoor ice skating loop in Maple Grove. It is wonderful for every skill level.
5. Take a family trip to an incredible indoor waterpark.
By mid-January, families may be in need of an escape (especially those with energetic young kids). A great place to relax and let out some energy is at any Minnesota indoor waterpark.
How do you survive the winter? Let us know in the comments below.
Top 10 Most Broken New Year's Resolutions