Charges: Rochester Man Threatened Woman With Knife and 2 x 4
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The Olmsted County Attorney's office has filed felony assault charges against a Rochester man accused of threatening a woman with a knife and a 2 x 4 with a large screw sticking out of it.
The criminal complaint charging 40-year-old Nurdin Atlas Sheikh with two counts of terroristic threats says Rochester police officers were sent to a home in northwest Rochester Thursday afternoon on a report of an assault. Once they arrived, they encountered a woman, who described how she was in the basement of the residence when the man charged at her "swinging a knife and then swinging a 2 x 4 with a nail in it."
The court document indicates another adult male in the home witnessed the incident. He told police he saw Sheikh swinging a knife and charging toward the victim. The witness also reported seeing Sheikh hold a knife above his shoulders and swing it saying he would kill the victim. The witness stated he then stood in front of the victim to protect her while Sheikh was less than 10 feet away from her.
One of the responding police officers found a 2 x 4 with a large screw in it on the property and also recovered a knife from a garbage can. A search of the residence was then conducted and the criminal complaint says Sheikh was arrested after he was found hiding in a closet.
The Most Expensive Home for Sale in Minnesota: $15,250,000
- East coast shingle-style design and superb craftsmanship from Swan Architecture and Streeter Homes.
- Panoramic lake views from almost every room!
- Multiple decks, porches and patios maximize indoor and outdoor living.
- Amenities include primary and catering kitchens, great room with soaring double vault ceiling, second primary bedroom on the main floor (currently an art studio), spa bath, 4-BR suites upstairs including the primary wing, theatre, golf simulator, combo recreation/garage space for up to 8 cars, boat house, and much more.
- Park-like setting with a replica Nova Scotia lighthouse.