Hugs Are Fun And Beneficial
Today is National Hugging Day, created by Kevin Zaborney of Clio, Michigan in 1986. I love hugging. To me, they convey a sense of caring, closeness and security. Many studies have been done concerning hugs and hugging over the years. Here are a few of the things researchers have found:
- hugs show a person you love them without saying a word
- babies need hugs to grow and flourish as much as they need food and water
- hugs make you happy because they release serotonin
- hugs stop the bug; sick folks who hug while suffering from a cold heal faster
- hugs relieve stress as they release oxytocin
So go ahead! Grab someone and share a hug today and everyday. You'll both feel better!