Wisconsin’s Omicron Family Restaurant Selling Corona T-Shirts
The Omicron Family Restaurant in West Bend, Wisconsin, has officially sold out of their Corona t-shirts...but don't worry, there's more coming.
The restaurant decided to have fun with the matching names for Corvid's latest variant and their business name after people kept coming in and taking selfies with the Omicron sign, saying they got Corona there.
Omicron Family Restaurant is about 40 miles north of Milwaukee, and has been has been in business about 30 years. The owner was on WFRV saying his dad and uncle started the restaurant together after coming to America when they were 14-years-old and getting a bunch of experience under their belts.
West Bend, Wisconsin, Fun Facts
- On November 25, 1853, the County Board of Supervisors attempted to change the name of West Bend to Lamartine City. However, this change was not well-received and the name was changed back 18 hours later. (FUN!)
- During the American Civil War, the draft was unpopular with some Washington County residents. On the day men from the nearby Town of Trenton were being drafted at the courthouse in West Bend, a mob disrupted the proceedings and forced the draft commissioner to flee to Milwaukee.
- A few days later, the guy came back to town, this time wiht six companies of the 30th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry Regiment. There were no more disruptions. (FUN!)
- In 2009, a local couple complained to the West Bend Community Memorial Library about the presence of "sexually explicit books" and "books for youth on homosexuality" in the young adult section of the library. This led to the expected hoo-ha and eventually the library board voted to reject any restrictions on young adults' access to books in the library. (FUN!)
- West Bend is the home-town of Andrea Loraine Boehlke, best known for her appearances on Survivor. (OK, this really is fun. You've seen her all over TV, not just on Survivor).
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
If You Like Winter, This May Not Be For You!
I love winter, so most of this list does not apply, but there are some pretty good ones in here.