Rochester Candidate Forums Begin Monday Evening
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Candidate forums have been announced for elective offices in Rochester and the surrounding area that will be on the November ballot.
The “virtual forums” are being organized by the Rochester League of Women Voters, Post-Bulletin, Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce, and Rochester Public Library.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 the forums will not be open to the public.
The forums will be live-streamed on RPL's Voting & Election webpage. The recorded videos will be available for viewing the next day on that webpage and on LWVRochester.org.
Questions for the candidates may be submitted by the public by Thursday of the week prior to the forum by emailing the question to LWVRochester@LWV.org. Please indicate which forum your question pertains to.
Information on how to access the streaming event is available on the Library Events Calendar.
All Candidate Forums will start at 7 pm.
The schedule is as follows.
Rochester School Board Candidate Forums (questions from public accepted up to 6 pm, Thursday, 9/10)
- September 14, 7 pm - School Board Seat I with Don Barlow and Justin Cook
- September 16, 7 pm - School Board Seat 3 with Karen MacLaughlin and Deborah Seelinger
- September 17, 7 pm - School Board Seat 5 with Jess Garcia and Mark Schleusner
State House of Representatives and State Senate (questions from public accepted up to 6 pm, Thursday, 9/17)
- September 21, 6:30 PM - MN Rep 25A with Kim Hicks and Duane Quam
- September 21, 8 PM - MN Rep 25B with Liz Bolden and Kenneth Bush
- September 22, 6:30 PM - MN Rep 26A with Tina Liebling and Gary Melin
- September 22, 8 PM - MN Rep 26B with Randy Brock and Nels Pierson
- September 23, 7 pm - MN Senate District 25 with Sara Flick and Dave Senjem
- September 24, 7 pm - MN Senate District 26 with Aleta Borrud and Carla Nelson
Olmsted County Commissioners and Rochester City Council President (questions from public accept up to 6 pm, Thursday, 9/24)
- September 28, 7pm - Commissioner District 1 with Robert Beeman and Stephanie Podulke
- September 29, 7 pm - City Council Member at Large (Council President) with Brooke Carlson and Kathleen Harrington
- September 30, 7 pm - Commissioner District 5 with Jim Bier and Regina Mustafa
- October 1, 7 pm - Commissioner District 7 with Wale Elegbede and Mark Thein
City Council (questions from public accepted up to 6 pm, Thursday, 10/1)
- October 6, 7 pm - 2nd Ward with Mark Bransford and Michael Wojcik
- October 7, 7 pm - 4th Ward with Kelly Rae Kirkpatrick and Katrina Pulham
- October 8, 7 pm - 6th Ward with Molly Dennis and Craig Ugland