Rochester Temporarily Closing Rec Center & Graham Arena
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The City of Rochester today announced it will be closing city-owned recreational facilities from this Sunday through November 30 in response to increasing COVID-19 activity in the community.
The list of closed facilities includes the Rochester Recreation Center, the National Volleyball Center, and Graham Arena, which is owned by Olmsted County but operated by the city. A news release says the status of the suspended activities at the city-owned facilities will be reevaluated in one week.
“The majority of City services remain fully functional thanks to the various online and digital tools that we have available. By taking the step of reducing in-person interactions, we are being proactive and doing our part to slow the spread of COVID-19,” shared City Administrator Steve Rymer. “We ask everyone continue to wear masks and practice social distancing as we get through this together.”
The news release lists the availability of city services and access to city staff.
- Limited front counter transactional services are available at City Hall (201 4 Street SE) Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Appointments are required for Administration, Attorneys Office, City Clerk/Licensing, City Council, Civic Music, Finance/IT, Fire Administration, Human Resources, Mayor’s Office and Park & Recreation.
Development Services & Infrastructure
- The Development Services & Infrastructure Center (DSIC, 4001 West River Parkway NW) lobby remains open to the public for limited in-person transactions Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. The materials drop-off/pick-up areas located in the main door vestibule remains accessible on Fridays.
Virtual inspections are occurring to the greatest extent possible.
Recreation activities at City-owned facilities
- Activities at city-owned recreational facilities, including Graham Arena, the Rochester Recreation Center and the National Volleyball Center, will be paused from Sunday, November 15 through Monday, November 30. The status of activities at these facilities will be re-evaluated in one week.
Rochester Police Department
- The Records Office located at the downtown Law Enforcement Center (101 4 Street SE) remains open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. The Records Office at the North Service Station is closed.
Rochester Public Library
- Curbside and walk-up services continue to operate Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm
- The Bookmobile will continue to operate. Visit www.rplmn.org/bookmobile for current schedule.
- Internet Service is no longer available until further notice.
Rochester Public Utilities (RPU)
- The lobby is open for limited in person services Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
City Council, Board, Commission and Committee Meetings
- City Council meetings will occur virtually, beginning with the November 16 Study Session. Meeting information, including agendas, public comment instructions and links for live viewing are available on the City website.
- All Board and Commission meetings will occur virtually. Information is available on the City website.