The Bike Ride In Minnesota Full Of Bacon, Beer, and New Friends!
Are you a fan of bacon? How about beer? Ok...now let's add in a bicycle and a little trail to go on with all of those things at every couple of miles? That right there is what we call a bacon ride and one is now coming to Minnesota!
This past weekend I went on my 3rd BacoonRide just outside of Des Moines, Iowa. It's on a pretty flat trail with a few mild hills but with the goal of bacon every few miles, 72 miles is just a brief little jaunt to reach those pieces of awesomeness.
I hear that it was pretty warm in Minnesota this past weekend and...well, our temps on the ride this year were even warmer. How hot was it? In the town of Jamaica, Iowa, my cycling shoes actually left marks in the blacktop on their street. #sorry! The awesome thing with that...we road our bikes on about 8 miles of blacktop, so that was fun! I'm pretty sure you could have cooked an egg on that (and I did see a few dead snakes roasting on the path as well).
The awesome news though that we found out with the packet containing our Pork Pass and bracelet to ride the trail...a bacon ride is coming to Minnesota! The good news is...this is a shorter ride than what I have done with the BacoonRide. It is also Minnesota so I am guessing we will so a whole lot of Minnesota Nice on this ride too! I'll be there and I'm pretty sure you should sign up too! Here's the info from their website in case you want to register today:
Paul's Bacon Ride
- Join Paul and Babe - the Big Blue Pig for a fun ride on the Paul Bunyan State Trail. The fun starts and ends at the Northland Arboretum in Brainerd, Minnesota.
- You’ll ride with friends 45 miles visiting the trail towns of Merrifield, Nisswa and Pequot Lakes with BACON STOPS along the way and lots of cold Minnesota craft beer and drinks to wash it down!
- Registration is $50 and includes:
- BACON-themed breakfast at the ride start
- BACON-themed lunch in Pequot Lakes
- Custom PBR (Paul's Bacon Ride) T-shirt
- Numerous BACON stops featuring BACON samples throughout the day
- Awesome drink specials
- Ride support/mechanics
- Friday evening Packet-pickup party at Roundhouse Brewery
- Register and learn more at this link