Very Tasty (and Healthy) Banana Bread Recipe
Got a few bananas on your counter that are turning brown? I found the perfect recipe that is delicious AND it is healthier than the traditional banana bread recipe. (Shh...don't tell my kids that it is healthy! They gobble it up.)
I tried this banana bread recipe with some hesitation but it turned out to not only be one of my favorites but also one of my kids' too! This is a very popular recipe in our house and my kids don't even miss the sugar.
Try this one out and let me know what you think!
Recipe: Banana Bread with honey and applesauce.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar-free applesauce
- 3/4 cup honey (try to find some local honey!)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use non-stick spray and lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the honey and applesauce. (tip: spray a spatula with non-stick spray and the honey won't stick as much). Add in and stir the eggs and mashed bananas until blended.
- Take the banana mixture and add it into the flour mixture. Stir it together just until it is moistened.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 60 to 65 minutes. Test to see if it is done by using a toothpick. Insert the toothpick into the middle of the loaf and when it comes out clean, the bread is done.
Listen to Jessica Williams weekdays from 10am until 2pm on Y105FM