6 Tips For Getting The Best Deals On School Supplies In Minnesota
This Summer is flying by. It seems like yesterday Target had summer stuff out and now school supplies take up their seasonal section. The big discussion has been how long should summer break be? When school supplies start to come out, people realize summer should be way longer.
School is going to start in about a month which means it is never too early to start finding the best deals. Rochester's Mom's Blog put together some tips on how to score the best deals and I have some tips from helping my mom buy for my brothers the past few years.
- The Mom's blog says to get your school supply list now. If you have a high school student, it's best to start making a list of stuff they used last year and get the basics when you find a good deal.
- If you have the Target App or Walmart App you can check their ads every week to see if there are any deals. I know if you set the notifications to your home location in Minnesota, they'll even send you notifications when supplies go on sale. You can even add them to your wishlist and when they do reach the best price, you'll be notified. If you get the paper, they are also listed there. You never want to spend a lot of money getting your kids back to school.
- The key to the deals... Early is better. Earlier you start the better deals you will find. Also in Mom's Blog, they said you will find better deals earlier in the week. Also, check online. You might find the same thing cheaper on sites like Amazon.
- Growing up I learned you don't have to spend all that extra money on the notebook with the designs. You can get the plain ones and decorate them yourself! That way they are personalized by your kid!
- When it comes to backpacks, the more you spend, the better. If you buy a cheap backpack, chances are you'll have to get a new one halfway through the year. That where Amazon can be your friend.
- Lastly, when you find those penny deals on things like pencils and notebooks, it's best you stock up. Your kiddos are going to need them later and the year. If you keep a tub of spare supplies in a room, you can have your kid go get what they need when they need them.
Hopefully, these were some good tips to help you score some great deals on school supplies.
Paisley's on Kat Kountry 105 Weekdays from 6am-10am
Paisley Will Get You Home From Work Weekdays from 3pm-7pm On Quick Country 96.5