Latest Recall in Minnesota Includes 490+ Pounds of Beef Products
If you've got a stash of beef jerky in your fridge or pantry, double-check that it's not part of the latest recall. About 497 pounds of beef jerky sold throughout the United States, including Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin have been pulled off of shelves due to possible contamination of Listeria monocytogenes, which can cause diarrhea or other gastrointestinal symptoms, infections, or even miscarriages among pregnant women.
497 Pounds of Jerky Products Recalled in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Throughout the U.S. Due to Possible Listeria Contamination
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service, a recall of about 497 pounds of beef jerky produced by Magnolia Provision Company, Inc. due to possible contamination. A third party lab found the issue while doing a sample test of the product.
Here are a few details about the recall to know:
- Ready-to-eat beef jerky items were produced on August 25th, 2022.
- Product was shipped to retail locations nationwide.
- The products that are part of the recall have "EST. 8091" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
- The following beef jerky items are part of the recall:
- 2-oz. packages of “BEEF JERKY EXPERIENCE CHOP HOUSE STYLE PRIME RIB FLAVORED BEEF JERKY” with “EXP 8/25/23” displayed on the back of the package.
- 8-oz. packages of “BEEF JERKY EXPERIENCE CHOP HOUSE STYLE PRIME RIB FLAVORED BEEF JERKY” with “EXP 8/25/23” displayed on the back of the package.
- 16-oz. packages of “BEEF JERKY EXPERIENCE CHOP HOUSE STYLE PRIME RIB FLAVORED BEEF JERKY” with “EXP 8/25/23” displayed on the back of the package.
What consumers should do if they have purchased the beef jerky that has been recalled
The USDA expressed concern in the recall that some of these recalled products could potentially be in homes now. If you find these at your home, you are asked to throw the product away or return the item where it was purchased. If you have additional questions, you can contact one of the following:
- USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 888-MPHotline (888-674-6854)
- live chat via Ask USDA from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday
- send a question via email to MPHotline@usda.gov