Minnesota Lottery: Powerball Jackpot Climbs to $340 Million
No one matched all six numbers in Saturday's Powerball drawing, increasing the jackpot to an estimated $340 million for Monday night's drawing. Tuesday night's Mega Millions jackpot is an estimated $1.1 billion dollars.
The winning Powerball numbers drawn Saturday were: 35-36-44-45-67, Powerball: 14.
A basic Powerball ticket costs $2, and to claim the big prize you'll need to match five numbers (1-69), plus the Powerball (1-26). The odds? 1 in 292,301,388. Assuming you win the Powerball jackpot Saturday, you can choose to take the lump-sum cash option and take home $336 million.
Last April April a Mega Millions ticket sold in Ramsey, Minnesota matched all numbers for a $106 million dollar payday. It was the first Mega Millions jackpot winner in the state.
The 10 Biggest Lottery Jackpots in U.S. History
- $2.04 Billion (Powerball) November 2022 - One winner.
- $1.586 Billion (Powerball) January 2016 - Split between three winners.
- $1.537 Billion (Mega Millions) October 2018 - One winner.
- $1.337 Billion (Mega Millions) July 2022 - One winner.
- $1.05 Billion (Mega Millions) January 2022 - One winner.
- $768.4 Million (Powerball) March 2019 - One winner.
- $758.7 Million (Powerball) August 2017 - One winner.
- $731.1 Million (Powerball) January 2021 - One winner.
- $699.8 Million (Powerball) October 2021 - One winner.
- $687.8 Million (Powerball) October 2018 - Split between two winners.
According to the Powerball website, Minnesota has had four grand prize jackpot winners in the past two years. In November of 2016 Michael Hawes was a winner, splitting $44.3 million. Paul Rosenau won in May of 2008, splitting an $88 million prize. In August of 2011 Thomas Morris came up big, splitting a $123.6 million jackpot. And in August of 2013 Paul White split a big $253.1 million prize.
Powerball drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday night. Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday nights. Good luck!