New DMC Committee Approved
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Another DMC group has been appointed and this one will have a big assignment - helping design the layout for an important part of the Heart of the City district.
The district will be one of the more visible parts of the Destination Medical Center initiative.
The 14 member Community Advisory Committee will assist with the design for the public space of the Heart of the City sub-district that will be located at the intersection of 1st St and 1st Ave SW.
According to the DMC plan, the Heart of the City district will bring together Mayo Clinic, commercial, hospitality, retail and residential sectors, while also serving as a gateway to other DMC sub-districts.
The committee will be co-chaired by Rochester Mayor Ardell Brede and R.T. Rybak, both members of the DMC Corporation Board of Directors.
The other members are:
- Jevon Bea, Property Owner
- Jenna Bowman, Rochester Downtown Alliance
- Nick Campion, Rochester City Council Member
- Gail Eadie, Architect
- Ahmed Elkhalifataha, Oxford Property Management
- Tom Fisher, Metropolitan Design Center, University of Minnesota
- Jeanine Gangeness, Winona State University
- Tom Hexum, Property Owner
- Stephen Lehmkuhle, University of Minnesota Rochester
- Nick Moucha, Downtown Neighborhood Association
- Sunny Prabhakar, The Commission
- Dr. Sandhya Pruthi, Medical Director, Patient Experience, Mayo Clinic
- Taylor Ridderbusch, Rochester Area Builders
- John Wade, Business Owner
“The CAC members bring a wealth of experience and community engagement that will play a vital role in bringing to life Heart of the City as the center of a vibrant downtown Rochester,” said Brede. “We are very encouraged by the tremendous response from qualified individuals expressed interest. We look forward to working with the CAC and invite community members to remain involved once the design process begins.”