Rochester Firefighters Battle Garage Fire
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The Rochester Fire Department was in action this morning battling a garage fire.
The fire was reported around 10:30 AM in a detached garage at 821 11th Street Northwest. A news release says the responding firefighters found the structure on fire with heavy smoke in the neighborhood.
Initially, there were reports that the homeowner was unaccounted for and there were reports of what sounded like movement within the garage. The firefighters forced their way into the garage and used thermal imaging to conduct a search, which confirmed there was no one inside.
The firefighters then work from the outside to knock down the flames before reentering the garage to completely extinguish the fire. The home at the property had to be ventilated for minor smoke and the presence of carbon monoxide from the fire. A neighboring home was also checked for CO and it was found to be clear.
The Rochester Fire Department does not have a dollar amount estimate for the damage, but officials say the garage sustained heavy fire and smoke damage. The Cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
'Goth Castle' for Sale 90 Minutes from Rochester