Rochester Murder Suspect Apparently Recorded Woman’s Killing
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) -The Rochester man accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend and her young daughter apparently videotaped the woman’s murder and posted it on social media.
That information and more is contained in the criminal complaint filed Monday against 29-year-old Renard Carter.
Investigators were given “numerous social media videos (presumably posted by CARTER) from concerned citizens.” The complaint says the woman’s body was found with a cord around her neck. Her 2-year-old daughter was found nearby in their apartment. Police say Carter and the woman had been dating for six months and living together in the apartment where the bodies were found.
It appears the victims were killed last Thursday.
Police were told Carter “sent a message two days prior that he was going to kill the mothers of each of his children.“ Police found him at a motel in South Carolina Sunday night and he “went live on a social media platform while holding a shotgun“ When he refused to drop the gun, he was shot multiple times and remains in the hospital. He reportedly said, “that he wanted to be killed by police.”
It is believed Carter has a former partner in South Carolina who is the mother to his children.
He is now facing three murder charges in Olmsted County.
The Olmsted County Attorney's office says Carter has a lengthy criminal history having recently been imprisoned for domestic violence. He was released from prison in April.
READ MORE: Top 20 Most Viewed Minnesota News Stories of 2020 (So Far)