A Violent and Deadly Weekend In Minnesota
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - It was a violent, deadly weekend in Minnesota as police responded to numerous shootings, including two in Rochester.
Many Minnesotans are wondering what is going on?
- One man was killed and another seriously wounded in downtown Rochester early Sunday in a shooting that was witnessed by a police officer. It happened at the corner of 1st Ave and 3rd St SW. Two suspects were arrested.
- A person was shot Friday evening at Rochester's Martin Luther King Park, suffering non-life threatening injuries.
- One person was killed and an unknown number of others were hurt in a shooting in Austin early Saturday.
- Three people were shot and killed in Minneapolis early Saturday, including two who were hit by stray bullets while watching an illegal street race.
- A 14-year-old boy was killed Saturday night while leaving a graduation party in Woodbury
The shootings continue a deadly trend that began a few weeks ago in the Twin Cities and include the deaths of two young children and a young man who was murdered the same day he was supposed to get his college degree.
News update: Power outage in Rochester.
LOOK: Olmsted County’s Highlighted Warrants of the Week