New Lounge Under Thai Pop Now Open in Downtown Rochester
Remember when Grand Rounds had a secret restaurant in their basement? Now that Thai Pop has taken over the space on the corner of Historic 3rd Street and Broadway in Downtown Rochester, Minnesota, they've also taken over the basement with a new name-less lounge.
Thai Pop Opens New Lounge Under Rochester
To find the "speakeasy", you just look for the sign, an index finger pressed against lips, commonly known as "Shhh" or as Thai Pop has said, "Shh...we don't talk about it."
Open Thursdays thru Saturdays, this newly renovated space has an updated speakeasy vibe, is super comfy, and with what looks to be creating food and drink.
The cocktails are food inspired, and the food will be what you'd likely see served up as street food in southeast Asia. For instance, they recently offered Duck Wings (House-made spicy cinnamon palo sauce, basil, peanut, pickled Thai pepper
Basic Details of Rochester, Minnesota's Newest Lounge: Shhh.
What: Shhh...We Don't Talk About It
Where: Under Thai Pop on Broadway and Historic 3rd
When: 5 - 11 PM Thursdays - Saturdays
Reservations: Oh yeah. 507-226-8146
It's Tuesday, so no Shhh for you! But how about a taco?
VOTES ARE IN: Top 5 Places to Grab a Taco in Rochester
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Huge Kitchen Is Just One Great Feature of this Pill Hill Home
- Tons of mature trees and beautiful landscape surround this lovely home.
- On .68 of an acre and all within minutes to St. Mary's, the Mayo Clinic Campus and the Plummer House.
- This elegant and traditional floor plan offers 5 bedrooms, 4 baths and a 2-car garage with additional outdoor parking areas.
- Painted woodwork, Cherry cabinets and hardwood floors are just a few highlights.
- An addition was put on in 2003 to create a large living room and sunroom area showcasing fabulous natural light and a hot tub room that goes out to the private patio and gazebo.
- Over 5000 sq. ft with formal dining, private offices, awesome storage space in the lower level and many bonus rooms.